San Diego, CA
Richard & Richard Construction Co., Inc. is a well-established fast-growing General Contractor with an outstanding reputation within the industry.
The company is actively seeking to hire a mid-level Estimator with approximately 10 years of construction experience, with a minimum of 5 years in estimating.
Construction related education is a plus but not a required.
Candidate must be a good fit with the company culture and one who shares R&R’s core values. This is an individual who acts with integrity, honesty and fairness, and who is a team player that is dedicated and accountable.
This ideal candidate should self-motivated, detail oriented, strategic in approach, competitive by nature, and willing to learn.
R&R is a company of service minded professionals prepared to go the extra mile.
- Review and understand the requirements of Bid Requests
- Strategize bid approach based upon available information
- Manage Bid process
- Process Bid Documents
- Solicit Subs/Vendors
- Field/Address Questions from Subs
- Issue RFI’s
- Manage Addendums/Changes/Supplemental Info
- Perform Jobwalks
- Develop preliminary schedule to determine project duration for general condition calculations
- Evaluate scopes and determine most competitive approach to project
- Have ability to estimate a project through the lens of how it actually needs to be constructed
- Perform quantity take-offs to validate and qualify sub bids
- Field and qualify bids, be able to manage risk, and weigh cost vs. performance.
- Qualify conditions of proposal
- Present Proposals – Track award – Close the deal
- Have understanding of Consensus and AIA contract documents
- Populate Owner contract and prepare contract exhibits
- Write subcontractor scope of work exhibits
- Present Project Handover package to R&R Project team
- Support with project startup and procurement of long lead items
Salary range $85,000 to $115,000.
Benefits: 401k, Medical Insurance, (Dental/Vision optional), Life Insurance, Paid vacation.